July 21, 2013

Hello


Met this really nice lady yesterday, I smiled at her and told her that she looked beautiful. It was definitely the most kind thing she has heard in a long time, because she looked shocked when I told her. She was older, perhaps 45 or 50 or maybe she was only 30. It was hard to tell. This much I know, you could see she has already lived a long life, probably one that's not as fair as the life most of us are living. But she still looked really beautiful, I think its the way she carried herself. 

While sitting with her, we asked each other questions and made each other laugh and suddenly she came alive. She was truly beautiful, smiling. She was unexpectedly younger both physically and in spirit. All because of A SIMPLE HELLO... I always wonder why people are so afraid to to do just that... Especially girls to other girls.. I say Hi and try to talk to people all the time; on the bus, on the street, in class wherever, and most people look at me funny. But it never bother me, I just move on to the next ...

People are just people. When it comes to the core of everything we truly are all the same, no better, no worse than each other. The only difference is how we choose to see others. So I guess next time you see me, you better believe I will be saying HELLO! You never know what it may lead to..

No comments: